Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brooklyn Mother Claims Son Beaten By Teacher's Assistant

A Brooklyn mother says her son was assaulted at school by a teacher's assistant.
Chris Pena attends special needs classes at P.S. 141 in Bedford-Stuyvesant and came home with red marks on his neck.
His mother said that on Wednesday a school employee put her son in a choke hold in front of other students and faculty
.
Pena said her son ended up with a couple of dislocated fingers, scratches on the front and back of his throat and bruises after the alleged assault that occurred in the school's cafeteria.
"I don't beat my children, so I don't expect people to beat my children. When I saw him, it hurt. I work with children in two places. I don't appreciate it," said Elizabeth Pena.
Department of Education officials said the aide has been suspended while the incident is being investigated.
Pena said her son will not be going back to the school.